Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Reflections of EdcampNJ

This guest post is brought to you by Dayci Chivukula, a Spanish teacher at GMS, after attending her first EdcampNJ on Saturday, November 21.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



When I heard that EDcamp was to happen on a Saturday, my first reaction was “no way Jose.”  However, when Kim shared her experience about these type of camps I became really interested.  I am an old dog who loves to learn new tricks so…I was game.  The idea of spending practically a whole Saturday with computers frightened me a bit.  However, I DID IT!  This was a great experience.  Initially I was going to attend sharing sessions, before I knew I was presenting with Jessica, my colleague from the Spanish department.  The way we structured the presentation was a sharing format so I “taught” and “learned” this double role was magic.  I came back with lots of resources, ideas, and enthusiasm.  Needless to say I am looking forward attending next year.  Thank you Kim, Melissa, Stacey, and all the wonderful people who make it possible for educators like me to combine my know how with technology to make learning more exciting to my students.  


No comments:

Post a Comment